Thursday 22 September 2011

Inspiration

My group and I want to make our music video interesting and include some of the Indie music video conventions but adding a twist. We came across some video's which have inspired us:

Opening scene of Juno

We really like the way this short clip is animated and how it goes from being filmed normally to a cartoon at the beginning. We also like the way the clip is moving as though a series of pictures have been taken and put together to make the animation. 

Sia- Breathe Me



I really like the way this music video is shot and the use of hundreds of poloroids being taken to portray movement within the photographs. I would really like to incorporate something similar to this into our music video. 

While searching for inspiration we came across previous A2 students videos which have shown us what it is possible for us to do. Such as,

A2 Media Music Video- She Makes My Heart Go (Demo-Kid)

The animation of this video is amazing and it's hard to believe that this was done by A2 students. They have used Green Screen to produce the Mise en Scene in this video and it is really good quality. I also like the editing of this video and the way the camera shots cut to the beat of the music.

Music Video by Sarah McKinley, A2 Media Studies at Wyke College

I really like the beginning of this video with the use of the camera and the 'photobooth' style pictures. I also like the really animated editing in this music video which makes it really fun to watch. 





No comments:

Post a Comment